Project-Specific Privacy Documentation
Who Is Conducting The Study?
What Are We Collecting?
RSG will need to collect and use certain personal information from you for this survey, including:
- Travel information – for example, information about trips you make including precise locations, travel time, and travel mode.
- Demographics – for example, race, ethnicity, and household income to ensure that the survey sample reflects the population of the study region.
- Your household makeup – for example, who is in your household and your relationship to these household members including marital status and gender identity of you and your spouse/partner.
- Contact information – for example, an email address or phone number for the purposes of sending survey reminders and distributing gift cards.
- Computer settings – for example, your computer’s IP address.
How Are We Using This Data?
RSG and the Metropolitan Council will use your data to:
- Understand regional travel patterns and behaviors.
- Help the Metropolitan Council propose practical transportation investments and prioritize the improvements that best fit the needs of Twin Cities.
- Contact you about the status of your survey and provide support.
- Contact you to provide a financial incentive for completion (if applicable).
- Allow the Metropolitan Council upon request to provide a version of the study dataset where all private information has been removed.
Who We Share This Data With?
RSG will share your data with:
- The Metropolitan Council
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- An email automation software provider to issue emails for this survey.
- A call center to conduct survey support.
- A printing firm to print and mail survey materials.
- A gift card vendor to issue survey completion gift cards.
- A public relations and community engagement firm to support study participation
- A consulting firm to support community engagement efforts and data analysis
What Financial Incentives Are Offered For Providing This Information?
- Upon your completion of the entirety of this survey, RSG will provide you a gift certificate valued at $10 – $25, depending on how you complete the research tool, the scarcity of information concerning your demographic group, and the priorities of the Metropolitan Council. This reward represents RSG’s good-faith estimate of the value of your information to the Metropolitan Council, as calculated using (a) historical evidence regarding the value of data in similar surveys, and (b) the budget the client has given us for this project.
Your Participation Is Voluntary.
The parties above agree that the participants in each project are volunteers, offering their participation freely, without pressure or coercion, and without promise or expectation of compensation from RSG.
Can You Change Your Mind?
Yes. You may remove your consent or exercise your data rights by submitting a Data Privacy Request through our secure system.